Everyone knows President Obama believes he’s above the law; his multitudinous executive orders show that clearly.
But, since as he says, “I can do whatever I want, I’m the President,” no one has had the will to confront him on his lawlessness.
The Republican establishment in Congress is so afraid of being labeled “racist”, they have bent over backwards to give Obama just about everything he has wanted.
But now, someone is “calling him out” for his lawlessness and illegal activities done in the name of “executive privilege.”
The Daily Caller reports:
Republican Sen. Ted Cruz released a definitive list Wednesday of 76 “lawless” Obama administration actions and abuses of power.
Cruz’s “The Legal Limit Report No. 4,” obtained by The Daily Caller, delves into little-known and little-reported details of President Obama’s executive actions. Cruz was set to discuss his report at the Federalist Society in the Promenade Ballroom of the Mayflower Hotel in Washington at 2:15 PM Wednesday.
“Of all the troubling aspects of the Obama presidency, none is more dangerous than the President’s persistent pattern of lawlessness, his willingness to disregard the written law and instead enforce his own policies via executive fiat,” Cruz stated in the report’s introductory remarks.
“President Obama has openly defied [rule of law] by repeatedly suspending, delaying, and waiving portions of the laws that he is charged to enforce. When President Obama disagreed with federal immigration laws, he instructed the Justice Department to cease enforcing the laws. He did the same thing with federal welfare law, drug laws, and the federal Defense of Marriage Act,” Cruz wrote. “In the more than two centuries of our nation’s history, there is simply no precedent for the White House wantonly ignoring federal law and asking others to do the same.”
Cruz, who served for a time as an associate deputy attorney general in the Justice Dept., certainly knows the law and knows how to build a case to prosecute lawbreakers.
This published statement brings many of Obama’s illegal actions into the limelight in a way that builds a case against the most tyrannical President we have ever had.
The Daily Caller has more:
Cruz details 76 specific actions over eight chapters. We’ve listed eight of them, as chronicled by Cruz, below:
1. “Obama implemented portions of the DREAM Act by executive action”
2. “Ended some terror asylum restrictions”
3. “Recognized same sex marriage in Utah despite a Supreme Court stay on a court order allowing the institution”
4. “Illegally revealed the existence of sealed indictments in the Benghazi investigation”
5. “Illegally delayed Obamacare verification of eligibility for healthcare subsidies”
6. “Ordered Boeing to fire 1,000 employees in South Carolina and shut down a new factory because it was non-union”
7. “Terminated the pensions of 20,000 non-union Delphi employees in the GM bankruptcy.”
8. “Government agencies are engaging in ‘Operation Choke Point,’ where the government asks banks to ‘choke off’ access to financial services for customers engaging in conduct the Administration does not like—such as ‘ammunition sales.’”
The full report with all 76 indictments against Obama can be read here:
Who knows when and if Obama will be held accountable for these lawless actions, but if someday, the political will returns for law and order in America, Prosecutor Cruz has already begun to lay out the case against him.
Who knows, if he becomes President, maybe the Justice Dept. will go back to fighting crime again instead of being a political enforcement arm of the Executive Branch.